Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Long but exciting weekend...

I'm just going to jump right into my life - no real explanation, if you have questions I'll respond to comments.
I didn't have a computer w/ me most of the weekend so I had to pen and paper it to document everything.

Friday - 1/8/10

Wow. Sitting in a freezing warehouse studio tracking the 1st song of baby cuz's (henceforth to be known as GE) album and I begin to see a glimmer of the future. The mood lighting goes up and the drummer starts and so do the goosebumps. Being a part, if only that of the gopher, of something like this....well words just don't seem sufficient. Oddly enough there is a kind of lonely feeling to it, like I suddenly feel like that proverbial fly on the wall always watching but never quite being a part of something. God I hate it when I get all profound. It's true though. I've never finished anything in my life from the small stuff like my crochet or needlepoint projects to bigger things like my book, horses, a career...myself. Well there was one thing, something I'm more proud of than I can express that culminated in an event that was more profound that my first birth. If I could explain I would and perhaps one day I will but now is not the time. Anyway, back on topic - LOL - was there one? Yes, I was being depressing and self indulgent. Heh. But seriously...I never realized how both boring and exciting this "pre-production" stuff is. Damn this drummer is fucking awesome! Sorry, he's all I can hear at the moment - there's a vocal & guitar in the mix but without headphones your pretty screwed to hear them. Ooh, I got to listen thru the headphones! Wow, is all I can say. I can actually see in my head an arena full of people screaming for this girl and I'm sitting here on a leather (faux?) couch with icicle lights, a lava lamp & incense (no not kidding about any of those) listening to the very beginning. Pretty exciting shit. Too bad I'm going to be deaf by the end of the night LOL! Aside from the musicians, the engineer is pretty damn cool too, hovering over the board in this sort of lion over his prey/mother over her child stance and turning and pressing incomprehensible knobs that apparently actually do shit. Oh damn, drum solo...more deafness but greatness resides there!!! Takes my breath away. If only I could hear the rest I'd probably be on the floor.
Confession: The engineer has great hands, very sexy...god I hope he never reads this :-/....
Later in the evening...
Crap. I'm trying to write my book, or at least more of it, but reality for once is far more interesting than the world in my head. Who knew that was possible?! It's not that I don't want to write, it's that I can't get into my character's head because I'm too stuck in mine. I guess that's a good thing.
On to Saturday in the next post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment