Monday, August 5, 2013

Musings

This weekend should have been a bad one, Saturday we had a very difficult meeting with our church and several members decided to leave the church which meant losing valued friends. I came to realize however that through their actions they showed me that who I thought they were and who they really are are vastly different people. I could choose to wallow in self-pity and anger but I can't do that. I have learned while on this path that everyone has their own path to walk and they must walk it in their own honesty. That doesn't have to match my path or even parallel it and I have to be okay with that. I have to allow them to follow their own journey and let them go with all the love and compassion I have to give. They aren't bad people, they're just misguided and so stuck in their own emotional loops that they can't see the forest for the trees and I can't change that. I have to be okay with that. I don't love them less for their decision I just mourn for the people I thought they were. I have to decide if it's worth keeping up the friendship or letting them go completely. I still haven't decided that but I'm allowing myself and them time to let things work themselves out before I go jumping to decisions (something they sadly didn't allow). Aside from all this drama I had amazing weekend, after those few emotional hours I was able to fellowship with people I hold very dear and then a girls day with Mom and the wife. Special days. Judge less, forgive more and love so hard it hurts. HM

No comments:

Post a Comment