Friday, July 9, 2010

Two sads and a happy

I'm in a great mood today which seems a little selfish in the light of one of my sads...My uncle is dying, there's no other way to say it unfortunately. I just found out he has decided to fight it but he's already so weakened (waited too long to go to the doctor) that I'm afraid treatment will kill him. I have mixed feelings about how to feel about it - he pretty much ignored and continues to ignore my existence but I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on my worse enemy so it's hard to reconcile in my heart. I'm sure if you asked him he would say he loves me so I can't be too hard on him, he's a good guy just a crappy life. My other sad is much more shallow but it actually made my cry last night and I rarely cry. My favorite dancer on So You Think You Can Dance is out of the competition due to injury. Alex is one of the most exquisite dancers I have ever seen and I've seen Baryshnikov live. He dances from the inside out and with a technique and grace that is beyond compare.
My happy today is my day - it has been great, I got a lot accomplished at work and the wife and I worked well together today :-) I feel so much lighter and happier now that I work here.
Life is certainly giving me a lot of ups and downs right now but I choose to focus on the ups and feel blessed that I have any at all because so many out there don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment