Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting myself out there...

Well, I'm trying to be more proactive about my writing career and garnering some attention (not something I'm terribly good at). I've created a gmail and facebook acct for Heather Michelle :-) I'm also asking for help from established and successful authors (thank you so much Jim!). Now all I have to do is WRITE. It's so easy for me to get overwhelmed with a project this big - I'm used to short stories that you can write in an hour LOL. I know I have a good story in my head and heart I just have to get it out through my little fingers and out from behind my stupid filters telling me that no one will read it anyway. Anyway. On to life stuff! These past two weeks have been BUSY ones, the music project that I mentioned forever and a day ago is back in gear and we're doing open mic nights around Atlanta and our darling little girl (ugh I can't call her that anymore as she is now officially an adult in every legal way, Happy 21st baby!) is KILLING it out there. I still love watching the people at the bar or the peripherals of the area turn their heads when she opens her mouth - the look of astonishment on their faces is priceless! I'm having fun too, I'm not much of a social butterfly but since I'm the driver at the moment I'm actually getting out and into the world of the living.
Now I must do a little writing or my little home gang will thrash me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment